How to Protect Your Patient Information During a Medical Move
No move is easy, and there are always security risks when private information is moved from its regular, secure environment. But moving a medical office presents special security challenges because of the confidential nature of the information medical records contain:
- Protected Health Information (PHI) must be shielded from view at every step of the move, so that no unauthorized personnel, including the movers, see it
- HIPAA compliance must be strictly maintained and correctly documented throughout the move
- Movers and staff need training to know how to correctly handle protected information so it stays secure
A Good Specialist Knows What to Do to Protect You AND Your Patients
At DeVries Business Services, we specialize in moving even the most confidential information securely and in accordance with the strictest compliance requirements. We already have best security practices in place, and we’ve developed specialized security protocols designed with information security in mind:
- We use non-transparent e-crates and opaque black shrink-wrap to keep information from view, so whether it’s in a crate or on a cart, no one who shouldn’t see it can see it
- We don’t EVER leave secure information unattended, where someone could get at it
- We use security tags to ensure locked crates haven’t been tampered with, and security labels that ensure protection of information on carts
- All of our staff has been fully trained in the latest security procedures and compliance requirements, and they follow best practices throughout your move, and we’re happy to also train YOUR staff in how to handle patient records the right way
- We document everything we do so that your compliance requirements are satisfied
Moving a Medical Office Doesn’t Have to be Fraught with the Risk of Breach
Choosing a mover that is truly a partner in your protection and has the specialized knowledge required to handle things the right way is the smartest move YOU can make to ensure your medical office move goes smoothly. At DeVries Business Services, we have years of experience handling moves for medical practices and laboratories, and we’ll be glad to put our expertise to work for you!
Please contact us today to learn more about some of the specialized security procedures and HIPAA compliance practices you should be aware of, or to request a free, no-obligation quote on your medical office move. We’ll be happy to share valuable tips that will make the process easier and more secure!
Request Your Quote
We would love to hear from you! Please fill out this form and we will get in touch with you shortly.
Quick Contact Info
Proudly Associated With
Quick Contact Info
601 E Pacific Ave
Spokane WA 99202
Drop Off Shredding Hours: